July 2000 – Present
- Microsoft Deployment Planning Guide (through Beta 3), 2007, included in Microsoft Deployment Process 4.0 Workbench.
- Infrastructure Planning and Design: Windows 2008 Terminal Services Guide, 2008, Microsoft Solution Accelerators.
- Introduction to Terminal Services Planning and Design, PowerPoint Presentation, 2008, Microsoft Solution Accelerators.
- Microsoft Vista Deployment, (not published), Microsoft TechNet Vista Springboard Website.
- MyITForum.com Contributer: Blog and article writing, forum and listserv member, and podcaster.
- Other blogs: KCCoffeehouse.com, ReedGPorter.com, and IntenseResume.com
- Presented an Intensify Your Resume class to 10 students at UMKC Communiversity.
- Presenter and participant at 2009 Kansas City BarCamp, Startup Weekend KC 2009, and KC StartFest October, 2009.
Righteous Technology Professionals
May 2000 – Present
I started Righteous Technology Professionals to help small business and non-profit entities get the most from their computing investment and maintain a prominent internet presence. Some accomplishments by RTP:
· Create accounts for Twitter, Facebook, Facebook Fan Pages, YouTube, and others as appropriate for the business.
· Customize look and feel on the social media sites by changing templates, colors, and images.
· Interacted with client’s followers by sending updates and tweets using tools such as Tweetdeck, HootSuite, Google Alerter, and mobile applications.
· Created excitement and interest for the companies over events, special promotions, and the personalities or entities themselves,
· Trained client users to use the tools with social media to engage with their community and promote their agenda.
· Market products with webinars, sales pages, newsletters, and podcasts
· Made sales utilizing both direct marketing and affiliates.
· Produce, post and maintain blogs, blog posts, and podcasts – both audio and video.
· Hosted websites and email services for clients.
· Installed, Customized and Maintained WordPress blogs.
· Performed computer purchasing, installation, networking and maintenance for several chiropractor practices and non-profits.
Yennie Chiropractic, Kansas City, Mo
Tucker Chiroproctic, Blue Springs, Mo
Lee’s Summit Community Church
Kansas City Real Estate, Inc.
Service Desk Contractor
Missouri Department of Transportation
November 2009 – May 2010
- Supporting the Windows 2000 to Windows 7 rollout to over 6000 workstations.
- Audited the Windows 7 image and suggested several improvements.
- Wrote tips and tricks for Windows 7 Microsoft Office 2007.
System Center Consultant to UMB Bank n.a.
Levi, Ray & Shoup, Inc
June 2009 – September 2009
- Created project plan and implemented test bed for upgrade from MOM 2005 to System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2.
- Managed software updates with WSUS and System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2.
- Cleaned and tuned both ConfigMgr and MOM of backlogged alerts and unused patches.
- Implemented Reporting Services and wrote new reports for System Center.
- Created plan to move to SCCM 2007 to production.
Infrastructure Consulting Services Consultant to Dell, Inc
Levi, Ray & Shoup, Inc
April 2008 – November 2008
- Worked with the Dell Optimized Deployment group in End-User Computing
- Trained on the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit to implement zero- and light- touch deployments.
- Wrote code to extend existing Dell Automated Deployment capabilities to interface with Intuit Quickbase with AutoIT 3.0 with the goal of streamlineing data transfer between End-User Computing, Deployment Personnel and Custom Factory Integration.
Altiris System Engineer – Cerner Corporation
July 2006 – April 2008
- Altiris Team Lead
- Implemented Altiris Total Server Management System, Notification Server, Deployment Server, and Security Expressions for CernerWorks for managing hosted servers for offsite customers.
- Functions include: inventory tracking, patch management, state management and remediation, upgrade, and standardize managed servers.
- Managed 8000 Windows, 400 Linux, 250 VMware, ESX, 250 AIX, and 120 HP-UX servers.
- Used Active Directory for creating proper permissions for Altiris Service account and clients.
- Custom report and inventory writing with SQL, WMI, registry, and shell scripting.
- Created custom Web Service using C# and the Altiris SDK to enable the CMDB (BMC Atrium) to delete assets from the Altiris database via Internet Information Server (IIS) virtually eliminating redundant data errors and orphaned client records.
Desktop Integration Engineer – Saint Luke’s Health System
March 2001 – June 2006
- SMS Administrator with 7 sites supporting 3600 clients
- Planned and executed side-by-side SMS 2.0 to SMS 2003 advanced mode
- Created single standard image for all client PC’s
- Implemented Altiris Client Management Suite
- Performed Windows 95 to Windows 2000 OS and Hardware Refresh
- Performed Windows 2000 to Windows XP OS Refresh
- Implemented SMS 2.0 from concept through deployment.
- Led the 3 members of the Desktop Integration group
Consultant – Universal Underwriters Group
November 2000 – February 2001
- SMS Administrator
- Trained customer to use SMS Installer and Wise Package Studio to create software packages.
- Recommended software deployment strategy utilizing Microsoft SMS 2.0
- Created documentation for package creation and distribution
- Trained client on desktop management strategies
System Design & Integration Specialist – The Boeing Company
May 1997 – May 2000
- Project Co-Lead for Win3.1/NT3.51 to Win95/NT 4.0 upgrade of 13,000 workstations
- Implemented Software Packaging and Distribution for the PC Platform
- Migrated software distribution to PC’s from a homegrown WinInstall-based system to Microsoft SMS 2.0
- Installed and Supported NT 4.0 resource servers on HP and IBM servers
- Received Boeing Quality Achievement Award for "Efforts to stabilize Tektronics WinDD/Citrix WinFrame Servers"
- Performed WinFrame to Terminal Server with Citrix Metaframe upgrade
- Designed and scripted Windows Terminal Server login and a Served Application Launcher
- Executive Technical Support for 20 users
Software Specialist – Veterans Administration Medical Center
May 1995 – May 1997
- Participated in Windows 3.1 to Windows NT 3.51/95 Conversion via DataLink cable and Binary Research Ghost.
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Level Help Desk support for 1500 clients.
- Helped implement paperless medical records and patient encounter forms
Customer Service Engineer – Terminal Data Corporation
January 1989 – March 1992
- Maintained and Repaired large scale Digital Scanners, Source Microfilm equipment, and PC’s
Field Service Engineer – Anacomp Maintenance Division
February 1988 – January 1989
- Maintained and repaired PC controlled Computer Output Microfilm equipment
Data Systems Technician – United States Navy
August 1978 – August 1987
- Lead Data Systems Technician, U.S.S. Moosbrugger, DD-980
- Data Systems Instructor Mare Island, CA
Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, Dell Optimized Deployment, Business desktop Deployment, Windows Server 2008, Microsoft Windows 2000 Workstation and Server, Windows XP, Windows 2003 Server System, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, Windows Terminal Services, Altiris Notification Server, Altiris Deployment Solution, Altiris Inventory Solution, Windows Deployment, Camtasia, Management Server 2003 and 2.0, SQL Server, SMS, software packaging/delivery solutions, Windows Live Writer, Wise WordPress.
Working Knowledge Skills
HTML, PHP, VB.Net, VB Script, Java, Java Script, C, C++, Pascal, AutoIT, RSS, XML, WinBatch, Kixtart, Citrix WinFrame, Metaframe, Wise Installation System Server, Internet Information Server, PowerEdge, Hyper-V, Proliant, Networking,